Sectional doors, as the name implies, are made up made up from separate sections rather than single panels. This allows for exceptionally smooth operation, both manually and when electrically operated.
- Sizes from 6ft 10in to 25ft Wide
- From 6ft 6in to 8ft High
- In a choice of colours and designs
- Insulated and non-insulated
All sectional doors are available with attractive window options. They are available in clear or crystal finishes.
Reasons to choose Sectional Garage Doors
- Rot proof seal for maximum light & airs sealing between sections
- Energy saving heat insulation
- High level resistance to bending & twisting, secures against burglars
- Wind & weather proof
- Easy to maintain & clean
- Double skinned, robust steel sections
- Steel hinges between frame & door
- Steel hinges between sections
- Electronically monitored push-open device
- Tamper-proof remote control
How Do Sectional Garage Doors Work?
Each individual section of these garage doors – of which there will typically be four or more – is fitted into a track framework that curves at the top in line with the roof. The sections are linked to their own rollers and, opening vertically, follow this track closely. This framework approach brings with it a number of advantages:
- Smoother, easier operation regardless of whether the doors are manual or automated
- Flexibility of design allows for higher openings, arched openings, and angled corners for a more bespoke installation
- Increased drive-through area and headroom as frame is fitted behind door columns
As the sliding garage door is composed of a number of smaller independent sections, each hyper-durable (resistant to bending and twisting) and weatherproof piece can be individually insulated for maximum sealing. When this is combined with the aforementioned framework approach the result is a tighter seal that offers a much greater degree of thermal efficiency than the more conventional alternatives, leading to real savings on your energy bills.
Whilst up and over garage doors offer very little in the way of security, owners of sectional garage doors can sleep much more soundly at night knowing that their garage is safe. All of our motor-driven sectional doors have been TUV tested to ensure ultimate peace of mind for you. All components are constructed from robust steel to offer maximum protection against intruders, and all remote controls are built to be absolutely tamper-proof. With sliding garage doors from Abacus, nobody is getting in unless you let them.
With widths between 6ft 10 and 25ft, heights between 6ft 6 and 8ft, and a variety of colours and designs to suit any home aesthetic, Abacus are the premier provider of bespoke garage door solutions across the Bristol area. If you’re in any doubt at all, just drop us a line for a quote today – you’ll be amazed at just how much we can help you.